Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmahanukwanzakah


I decide every year that I don't want to bother putting up a Christmas tree. As soon as December is here, I change my mind. It makes the holiday season a little more bearable. Not that I hate the holidays or anything, but my brain does. As soon as the time changes every year and it starts getting dark at 5 pm, something changes. I'm pretty depressed off and on until January. Then it's a little better. Not completely better until spring, though. Today, I hated everyone and everything for no reason and I found myself in tears a few times. It would be a lot easier if I would just go ahead and get some seasonal Xanax or something.

But aside from that, I do really like this time of year. It brings back a lot of childhood memories. I love the glow from the lights on my tree and all the things that come with this time of year: festive lights everywhere, bonfires, Christmas movies on TV, warm sweaters, eggnog, pumpkin flavored coffee, peppermint bark. Yum!

And my most favoritest ornament. No story behind it, I just like having a piggy bank on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment